Monday, July 18, 2011

2 too many?

She says...
I didn't realise fonts had such an effect on food??

Well if the previous suggestions didn't titillate the taste buds enough, I've found another couple of  #2s...

A Turkish restaurant, Efes2, loitering on Great Portland Street, in central London, not a million miles away from the first 2 suggestions. It has an extensive menu of kebabs and other meze dishes, and if you book downstairs there's live music and BELLY DANCING! Oh my. AND, and this could tip the balance, it has been frequented by many a celebrity, as celebrated in a picture gallery on the site. There's no Princess Di unfortunately, but a prize to anyone who can actually name them all...



However, if we wanted to travel a bit further afield I've found a large glossy blue place near Finchley Central tube station - Two Brothers Fish restaurant. Now I think of myself as a bit of a chip connoisseur so this place (plaice?) appealed, until I read some pretty dire reviews on London Eating (one of my favourite and well used restaurant review sites). Small portions of dry chips would ruin our night out for sure. And in case you're interested, the best chips, in my experience, can be had at The Lock Tavern, Camden.

No comments:

Post a Comment