Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ideas For TWO

He says...
As dicussions continue for the second resturant it strikes me that I might have to pay this time around. Suddenly a nice trip to the very reasonably priced boozer the Crown and Two Chairmen in London's hip and happening Soho seems appropriate... only kidding...

Other options include The Two Brewers in Clapham, which has been 'proudly serving the gay community for 29 years'.... I couldn't find a menu on the website, but presumably there would be plenty of sausage on it...

Also intriguing is the Two Rivers restaurant in Hull... which - get this - is actually underwater. 'Diners are treated to a Mediterranean menu whilst being surrounded by some of Europe's best aquatic displays' reads the website. For a vision of dining in a post-global warming future, it's a must.

She says...
Hummmm Clapham sounds tempting, I do love a bit of sausage. However, bearing in mind I think he's just offered to pay, I'm now planning somewhere more sophisticated. With a bit of help from a Facebook shout out I've come up with 2 possibilities for restaurant number two.

http://www.twotwentytwo-london.com/ in Marylebone was recommended by festival friend Ruby, and looks prefectly presentable and could feasibly be combined with a trip to Selfridges. Which means I might finally get round to spending those vouchers from a birthday years ago!

However, http://www.2veneti.com/, which is by bizarre co-incidence just round the corner from Twotwentytwo, was suggested by Northern amateur restaurant critic Emily, and wins my vote so far for the 'stuffed courgette flower' on the menu. I heard about this Italian speciality for the first time just recently, from our Italian connections at the boy's birthday drinks. Gigi had gone as far as importing some from her hometown just ouside Rome on her latest trip, surreptitiously passing it over in a brown paper bag to her friend at the back of the pub, with lots of secret mutterings. Well, that's what they told me it was anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment